Last updated: November 2017
What personal information does XTRIBE collect?
XTRIBE receives and stores any information you enter in the App or Website or you give XTRIBE in any way. The types of personal information collected may include your name, e-mail address, phone number, date of birth, the usernames of Twitter and / or Facebook, information about your use of the Service and information on the browser. We receive your location automatically when you use the Service. This Personal Information may be sent to servers located within the United States, or to other locations overseas. The personal information you provide, such as your name, email address, address, and other personally identifiable information, will be used for purposes such as allowing you to set up an account and a user profile, to improve the content of the Service, to customize the advertising, and to communicate promotions and new features. We can also use this personal information in order to adapt the Service to your needs, to carry out research on the effectiveness of our network and the Service, and to develop new tools for the community.
What personal information does XTRIBE collect?
How does XTRIBE share my information?
- Cookies : When you visit the Website, XTRIBE may assign your computer one or more cookies, to facilitate access to the Website and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, XTRIBE may automatically collect information about your online activity, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies.
- Other Technologies : XTRIBE may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. XTRIBE may also include web beacons in promotional or other e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information XTRIBE obtains enables it to customize the services it offers and to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming or other activities.
- Information collected by third-parties : We may allow third-parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on the Website or App. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies or web beacons, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
The personal information of our users constitutes an integral part of our business. We do not rent or sell your personal information to anyone. XTRIBE may share your personal information only as described herein.
In general, we may use your Personal Information as follows:
- Provide you with customer support
- Put you in contact with Product Vendors that stock the goods you seek
- Manage your user profile;
- Communicate with you via post, in-App correspondence, email, telephone number and/or email;
- Develop and display advertising and promotional materials tailored to your interest and usage;
- Verify your eligibility to enter into and win sweepstakes and prizes;
- Display comments, ratings and reviews that have been provided by you while using the Service;
- Analyze your use of the Service, or your interests in certain products, services or content discussed or provided by the Service;
- Enforce XTRIBE’s Terms and Conditions of Use;
- Manage the commercial aspect of the Service and our business.
Lastly, we may also use standard technology to track your use of the Services, including which promotional or email messages/newsletters you have either viewed or acted upon. This information allows us to customize the services we offer through the Service to measure the overall effectiveness of the in-App and Website advertising, content and programming
With Whom Does XTRIBE Share Your Personal Information
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
1. Authorized Service Providers
Information collected by Third-Parties
We may share your Personal Information with authorized service providers who perform certain services XTRIBE’s behalf, which can include processing credit card payments, provide customer service, marketing assistance, sales analysis, website functionality, surveys, sweepstakes and other features offered through the Service. We may also release your personal information to credit/collection agencies for past due accounts. These authorized service providers may have access to your personal information but are not permitted to share such information with any third party.
2. Direct Mail Partners/Marketing Affiliates
From time to time we may share our postal mailing list with selected providers of goods (or services) that may be of interest to you. When you have been referred to us by a third-party marketing affiliate, we may share your email address, and any other information you may provide.
We employ other companies and individuals to perform tasks on our behalf and we need to share your information with them to provide products or services. Our agents have no right to use personal information we share with them beyond what is necessary to help us, and they provide an equivalent level of protection to your personal information.
4. Business Partners
When you utilize our Service, we may share your Personal Information with a business partner to offer you certain products, services, promotions, etc. When you elect to utilize such products, services, promotions, you authorized us to provide your email and any other information to such business partner.
Further, the App or Website may from time to time collect personal and non-personal information about you from other third parties, or business partners such as your user history, updated information related to your location, and additional demographic information. This information will allow third parties to deliver appropriate and relevant advertising and promotions.
Information shared by all
Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using some features of the App or Website, such as your email address, name, address, such information may be available to the wider community of XTRIBE, or may be posted on the Website, which is subject to indexing by third-party search engines.
People who read this information may use or disclose it to other persons or entities without our control and without your knowledge. We recommend that you consider carefully whether to add any specific information to the App or Website or while using the Service that can be viewed by other users or members of the public. Once you have disclosed this information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information.
Protection of XTRIBE and others
We may disseminate personal information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence to enforce or apply our Terms Conditions of Use and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of XTRIBE, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations (even outside of your country of residence) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may also disclose your information in response to a subpoena or other investigative demand, a court order, a request for cooperation from a governmental agency, to establish or exercise XTRIBE’s legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
What happens to my information after I delete my account?
If you cancel your account, your profile will be removed from the Website and App and deleted from the server. Because of the way XTRIBE takes care of the maintenance of XTRIBE and its servers, deletion may not be immediate, and may remain on backup media of residual copies of your profile information or messages for up to ninety (90) days.
How are removed the information from my account?
Even after you remove information from your profile or account, copies of that information may remain visible elsewhere, to the extent that has been shared with others, or otherwise distributed according to your privacy settings, or were copied or stored by other users. The information removed and deleted may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days before being deleted from our servers.
Information about ratings and reviews.
We may provide areas via the App or on the Website where you can post information about yourself and communicate with others, as well as post reviews of products. Such postings are governed by our Terms and Conditions of Use. In addition, such postings may appear on other websites or when searches are executed on the subject of your posting. Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable web pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others.
No Rights of Third Parties
What to do in case of questions or concerns? If you have questions or concerns regarding privacy in the use of the App, please send a detailed message to email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your doubts.
ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR CERTAIN XTRIBE USERS
Users Located in California – Your California Privacy Rights
In addition to the terms set forth above, if you are a resident of the State of California, you have the right to request us to provide you with an explanation as to the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with our affiliates and third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Pursuant to California law, you can send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the following information:
Users Located in Canada – Limitations on Access to Your Personal Information
- the categories of information that we disclosed to third parties during the preceding calendar year for their direct marketing purposes;
- the details (names and addresses) of the third parties that received such information;
- examples of the products and/or services marketed by such third parties (if same is not readily apparent from their business name).
If you are a resident of Canada, there are circumstances under which we can deny you access to your personal information:
- when denying you access is required by law;
- when granting you access would have an unreasonable effect on other people's privacy;
- to protect XTRIBE’s rights and/or property; or where the request if frivolous.
In the event of such a denial, an explanation will be provided.